Profile – Eurekster, Inc.
Company: Eurekster, Inc.
Location: San Francisco, California
Launch Date: January, 2004
In the company’s own words, what is it?
Eurekster, Inc. (www.eurekster.com) is a leader in community search technologies that harness the knowledge and behavior of online communities to increase search relevance and value for site visitors, site publishers and advertisers. Eurekster SwickiBuilder and Eurekster SwickiPublisher leverage the company’s patented technology and patent-pending processes that link search algorithms to social networks and communities of interest. Eurekster SwickiBuilder gives small or individual site publishers the ability to create their own search engines, while Eurekster SwickiPublisher is an enterprise-level platform for delivering a highly customized, branded search feature on large websites.
Outside quote about company:
Quoted by Adotas.com: “Eurekster’s community search platform empowers Forbes.com to leverage its highly targeted brand and vertical expertise while allowing the Forbes.com user base of ‘C’-level executives to collaborate and conduct vertically-focused searches producing more accurate and actionable results for them in an efficient manner,” said Steven Marder, CEO of Eurekster, Inc. “This leads to increased usage, improved user experience and brand loyalty which will facilitate the further growth of online advertising revenue for Forbes.com.”
The swicki technologies include:
– The world most powerful web crawling technologies
– Filters and parameters that are defined and updated by publisher hosts
– Algorithms that automatically capture user behavior to identify users interests and desires
– Dynamic search results that can be ranked and commented on by hosts and end-users
– A buzzcloud of hot search terms that graphically displays the frequency of recent searches. An example of this can be seen on the leading technology profiling weblog, TechCrunch.
Steven E. Marder – CEO
Dr Grant Ryan – Chief Scientist
Gary Franklin, VP Product & Services
William Stalker – Chief Technical Officer
Tac Leung – VP of Design