Interview with Alice Lankester, VP Marketing from FilmLoop, Inc.
Below is an interview with Alice Lankester, VP Marketing from FilmLoop, Inc. We hope you find the interview informative and useful. Please visit their website and check it out! http://www.filmloop.com/.
TechAddress: Tell me a bit about your company, what it does and what’s your value proposition?
FilmLoop: FilmLoop is the leading photocasting network. FilmLoop offers free software for Windows and Macintosh that lets users broadcast and share digital photo stories, and a content web site for displaying and promoting Loop creators’ work. FilmLoop users can post Loops to the new FilmLoop.com web site, as well as to their own Web site, social network profile pages, blogs, or share by email. For businesses, FilmLoop is a direct photo channel to users and a way to keep audiences engaged in a brand or product offering.
TechAddress: What are some of the main features?
FilmLoop: With FilmLoop, you can:
- Browse our huge library of Loops made by FilmLoopers worldwide
- Build your own Loop of photos, cartoons, drawings, artwork, text
- Jazz up your Loop with frames, tattoos, and collages
- Add click actions to allow images to click through to audio, video, web sites
- Collaborate on a Loop, allowing anyone to add their own submissions to your Loop
- Notify your Loop subscribers of your changes — every time you add or change something, everyone watching that Loop in FilmLoop finds out
- Comment on a Loop
- Share the Loop via email, so with one-click anyone can watch your Loop — no download required
- Integrate the Loop on your profile, web site, or blog
- Submit the Loop here on FilmLoop for the world to see and enjoy
- Make Loops public, by posting anywhere, including here on FilmLoop
- Make Loops private where you only share with people you know.
TechAddress: Who’s your target customer or audience?
FilmLoop: Everyone with a digital camera and a little creativity who wants to tell a story
TechAddress: Any new things in particular that you’re working on right now?
FilmLoop: Just yesterday we launched our brand new web site — focused on showing off all the great Loop content that’s been created. We’re also launching great new contests to inspire content creation.
TechAddress: Where do you see your company heading in the future?
FilmLoop: Hopefully upward and onward
TechAddress: Any negative feedback or criticism regarding technology and services?
FilmLoop: Biggest barrier to entry is the download. But it’s a small app. and very powerful and free. Once people use it, they realize it is hard to accomplish all that we do with a web based only service.
TechAddress: So what would you say is the guiding principle behind your company?
FilmLoop: Keep listening to our users and watch what they are doing. Keep innovating. Have faith in what we are doing.
TechAddress: What is the mission of your company and what are you bringing to the market that is innovative?
FilmLoop: To put story telling tools in the hands of users and inspire their creativity to entertain, engage, inform and amuse their audiences.
TechAddress: Where are you in terms of funding and your lifecycle?
FilmLoop: We have received two rounds of v.c. funding — Series A and Series B.
TechAddress: If your technology or service is not formally launched yet, when’s the launch date?
FilmLoop: Launched November 2005.
Entry filed under: blog, blogging, blogs, branding, business, cell phones, communication, desktop, Desktop Applications, download, email, free, Interactive, internet, mobile, mobile phones, online, online business, online community, photo sharing, promotions, Sales and Marketing, social, social networking, software, startup, startups, tech, Technology, web, web 2.0, Web 2.0 technologies, weblog.