Posts filed under ‘techaddress’
We are excited to announce that we will be releasing the new TechAddress website very soon (any day now we hope!). We are finishing the final touches on the new system and website and will be flipping the switch shortly. While you wait for the new TechAddress to appear we wanted to share a couple screen shots and explanations of new features to come.
The new TechAddress will be a user-generated news, blogging and community website that is built on WordPress’ personal publishing platform with some extra bells and whistles. It has been developed to empower maximum communication and exposure for a company’s product or service while providing a feedback, voting and opinion environment for users. If you want to post your company’s latest news, or perhaps save, comment, vote on, or share an article with a friend, then TechAddress is the place for you. Last but not least, TechAddress is 100% FREE!
TechAddress allows corporate users and invited bloggers to:
– Write and manage articles that are posted to the homepage and their dedicated profile page
– Easily edit and update articles
– Assign tags/categories to your articles
– Upload images and embed YouTube, Google or Grouper videos to your articles
– Preview your article before posting live
– Save your article as a draft and come back to finish later
– Allow or forbid comments to be posted on your articles
– Manage all previously posted articles in a dedicated area
– Display your corporate profile or blog overview in a dedicated personal link
– Display various types of information on your dedicated profile page
– Allow or forbid users to privately email you about your articles (note: email will be within your TechAddress account, not via your personal email) – Decide whether or not to receive email notifications when your articles are commented on
– Upload a personal image as well as a corporate logo to your dedicated profile page
TechAddress allows regular users to:
– Comment on articles
– Email author of article (note: authors have the ability to decline incoming emails)
– Add authors or articles to your hotlist (note: hotlist is a destination in your account that displays specific articles you have saved or authors you are tracking) – Vote for or against posted articles
– Share an article with a friend of a non-TechAddress user
– Sort articles on homepage by most recent or most popular
– Search for articles by keyword or tag/category label
– Search for comments by keyword, URL, or author
– View all comments posted against all articles
– View only your comments posted against articles
– Privately email authors of articles
We look forward to your feedback and thank you for visiting and participating in TechAddress!
Below is an interview with George Polisner – Founder of alonovo.com. We hope you find the interview informative and useful. Please visit their website and check it out! http://www.alonovo.com. Mr. Polisner was also nice enough to provide us with a very detailed PDF based presentation found here.
TechAddress: Tell me a bit about your company, what it does and what’s your value proposition?
Alonovo.com: We have integrated data about Corporate Behavior (Corporate Social Responsibility or CSR) directly into the online shopping experience. We believe that a significant volume of the most pressing domestic and global issues –environment, conservation of energy, fair labor, subversion of the political process are due to externalization of business costs to drive profit and equity value. We are using technology to connect how a company interacts people and planet directly to the profit motive. We feel we are uniquely leveraging a free market economy (or more correctly, a theoretical free market) to drive a balance of people, planet and profit.
TechAddress: What makes your company stand apart from your competitors?
Alonovo.com: We are working to appeal to the mainstream consumer. We want to offer a vast array of competitively priced products, as much trusted and community data about the manufacturer and merchant as possible and allow the consumer to make a fully-informed choice. We also provide between 20% and 40% revenue share with the cause of choice by the consumer. The community supports over 90 causes including United for a Fair Economy, WalMart Watch, Habitat for Humanity, Doctors without Borders, Oxfam and many more.
TechAddress: What are some of the main features?
Alonovo.com: Integration of CSR data directly into the purchase experience, blogs by subject matter experts, news aggregation from sources reporting on environmental issues, corporate ethics, energy, labor and other key indicators of Corporate Behavior. We have both mainstream products (through
Amazon.com) and Fair Trade, Organic and Specialty products.
TechAddress: Who’s your target customer or audience?
Alonovo.com: Everyone that shops online.
TechAddress: Any new things in particular that you’re working on right now?
Alonovo.com: Acquiring investment to drive alonovo.com 2.0 to market.
TechAddress: Where do you see your company heading in the future?
Alonovo.com: We would welcome a strategic acquisition by visionaries seeking to address a vital flaw in the free market system -a long term, sustainability perspective.
TechAddress: Any negative feedback or criticism regarding technology and services?
Alonovo.com: My background prior to starting alonovo.com was working in the early days of UNIX (circa 1984). I was with Oracle for ten years before funding and founding alonovo.com. How could I possibly complain about technology?
TechAddress: So what would you say is the guiding principle behind your company?
The recognition that we are a Hybrid. We want to (eventually) enjoy profit (even a vacation would be nice!) Nevertheless, all involved know that we want to leverage our infrastructure for long term positive societal change, while we also provide direct, short term funding for many admirable causes.
TechAddress: What is the mission of your company and what are you bringing to the market that is innovative?
Alonovo.com: We are bringing Capitalism 2.0 -the release where we balance people, planet and profit!
TechAddress: Where are you in terms of funding and your lifecycle?
Alonovo.com: Horribly behind. I am privately keeping alonovo.com operational with minimal enhancements until we close an external private placement. Sergey? Larry? Can you hear me now?
TechAddress: If your technology or service is not formally launched yet, when’s the launch date?
Alonovo.com: We launched version 1.0 on August 22, 2005. We are working to acquire funding to build alonovo.com version 2.0 as soon as possible.
Company: EyeWonder, Inc.
Location: Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia
Launch Date: Founded in 1999
In the company’s own words, what is it? EyeWonder, Inc. is a leading provider of online Video and Rich Media advertising products and services. Since 1999, we have been enabling advertisers and agencies to easily connect the most compelling and effective campaigns to their most desirable audiences. EyeWonder’s in-page, in-stream and mobile ad products can combine the quality and power of Flash video, the latest creative features, and the most comprehensive online tracking and reporting capabilities to dramatically enhance the impact and effectiveness of any new media ad campaign.
EyeWonder knows that every campaign is unique. That’s why we always provide you:
* Consultation on how to design for results to better drive your specific campaign objectives
* AdWonder analytics to measure and track campaign performance relative to its specific objectives
* A dedicated and local EyeWonder account team focused on your individual campaigns’ success
EyeWonder Rich Media ad campaigns are proven to increase creative expression, message content, and video impact, which increases conversion opportunities and all brand metrics.
Outside quote about company: According to a third party report by Dynamic Logic’s MarketNorms, “EyeWonder-powered campaigns conclusively outperformed other branded rich media providers in generating increased Aided Brand Awareness and Message Association. Specifically, EyeWonder was shown to generate a 65 percent increase in Aided Brand Awareness and a 34 percent increase in Message Association over the aggregate of other providers’ average. EyeWonder-serviced campaigns were also associated with greater increases in brand favorability.”
*Video Features – full banner video, full screen video, multiple Videos, movers & shakers, video gallery/playlist
*Mobile Features – SMS to a friend, mobile reminders/updates
*Creative Features – Downloads, forward to a friend, interactive games, photo gallery, polling, tabbed panels, zip code locator
Michael Griffin-Executive VP of Corporate Development
Jerome Connell-General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
Karl Xjimenez-Director of IT
Jason Scheidt-Director of Marketing